Notre Dame de l'Assomption Church
Built during the second half of the 13th century, under the reign of Peter II, Count of Savoy, Evian's church is an early example of Savoyard Gothic art.
The church, built during the second half of the 13th century, is representative of the Gothic style found in the Savoie region. Reworked towards the end of the 14th and beginning of the 15th centuries, and renovated on several occasions, two and a half rows on the western end were added before 1930. The Romanesque-Byzantine style of the façade dates back to this time. The square steeple is topped with an arrow and four turrets that were taken down in 1794 and replaced by a lantern. Inside, we can see ribbed vaulted ceilings, worked molasse capitals and corbels with cherubs holding the Savoy arms. In a side chapel, the relief painting of the Madonna and Child dates back to 1493 and belonged to Louise of Savoy. The funerary tile for Vespasien Gribaldi, archbishop of Vienna, is placed in front of the main altar. The Neo-Gothic stalls made of walnutLire la suite
Services & Equipement & Activités
- Guided group tours
- Unguided individual tours
Throughout the year : open daily.
- Unguided individual tours available permanently